Park’s Motor Group (‘Park’s’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our) includes the following companies, Park’s of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited, Park’s of Hamilton (Townhead Garage) Limited, Douglas Park Limited and Park’s (Ayr) Limited. The aforementioned companies are registered in Scotland and have their registered office at Park House, 14 Bothwell Road, Hamilton ML3 0AY.
Park’s of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited FRN 308476 is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Park’s of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited has the following appointed representatives: Park’s of Hamilton (Townhead Garage) Limited, Douglas Park Limited and Park’s (Ayr) Limited.
We are also registered with the Information Commissioner's Officer, our registration details are displayed below:
- Douglas Park Limited - Z5717712
- Park's (Ayr) Limited - Z5931168
- Park's of Hamilton (Holdings) Limited Z5717726
- Park's of Hamilton (Townhead Garage) Limited Z5717652
Personal data is information that is about you and from which you can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, or on-line identifier.
We collect the following categories of personal information in order to implement our business objectives and to facilitate the purchase of products and or services that you have indicated.
- Name (including title);
- Phone number, including mobile phone number.
- Date of birth
- Email address;
- Affordability information
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information, SAT NAV information and in drive analytics and driving style);
- The date and time you used our services;
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
- The internet browser and devices you are using.
- Details of any transactions between you and us or any authorised repairer;
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
- Select Voice recordings of telephone calls;
- “Live chat” records;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us; and
- Any information collected about you as an individual or as a business for any reason whether it is in connection with a purchase by visiting our store or by contacting us.
It also includes any personal information that we may collect about you that is in the public domain, such as information made public on social media that is available to us when you connect with us on social media.
It is our intention to provide you with as much information as possible about what we do with that personal information, so that when you provide the personal information to us, you do so with an awareness of how it will be used.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information And Why
We will need to collect personal information about you and there are different ways that we might do so, this privacy notice tells you what to expect when we do collect such information:
- from visitors to our website, parks.uk.com
- through social media;
- anyone referred to us from enquiries made of our brand partners or other lead or service providers (via their websites or otherwise) or used vehicle websites such as Auto Trader Limited or Carwow;
- anyone who contacts us;
- anyone who purchases a vehicle;
- anyone who uses our service and maintenance services;
- anyone who purchases a product or service;
- anyone who subscribes to our marketing; and
- from visitors to our online store.
Our online store is managed by Omni Automotive and utilises the Shopify e-Commerce platform. As part of the service provided by Shopify, they will help to maintain the security and the performance of our store by (i) encrypting data in transit and protecting user connections (ii) using third party scanning services to scan against known web attacks (iii) investigating site errors and (iv) providing secure hosting services. Shopify’s privacy notice can be found at https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
When you visit the online store, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the store, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the store, and information about how you interact with the store. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse some or all cookies. However, if you do block cookies there may be parts of our store that you will be unable to access or that will not function properly.
3.2 Third party services
- Whenever you visit our store, shop.parks.uk.com, we will use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard information about your store use, such as internet logs and details of your visitor behaviour patterns. The reason we use this service is that it is within our legitimate interests to find out how many people visit the store and the various parts of the store, it improves the service provided to you and improves customer experience. This information helps us to find out how our store is working and how to improve it. We do not identify anyone, and we do not make or allow Google Analytics to (or attempt to) identify anyone visiting our store.
3.3 Social Media
- Any information you provide to us via social media (including messaging, "liking", "following" and other communications) is controlled by the social media network. Our store may contain links to our social media pages. We recommend that you read their privacy notices and contact those social media platforms directly if you have any concerns regarding their use of your personal information.
3.4 Contacting Us
- Our store provides you with different ways to contact us. All communications are handled, reviewed and responded to internally by us. Generic responses and acknowledgements may be issued whilst a response is prepared.
- Calls made us may be recorded. It is within our legitimate interests to record such calls for training, monitoring and quality purposes. Please note, however, that email monitoring or blocking software may also be used and that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
- Any personal information that is provided in and during communications with us, such as name, address, email address, phone number and sometimes additional details such as a registration number, VIN number or order number are used only for the purpose of reviewing the communications and conducting the ongoing administration and management of communications. We will not use your personal information in an identifiable manner in any publication without your further explicit consent.
- We will delete, supress or stop processing this personal data when we reasonably consider that we no longer need it for this purpose. Please note that we may need to contact you about the application, purchase or enquiry through any of post, email or telephone. Please ensure that you keep us updated of any changes to your contact details.
3.5 Personal Information Collected When You Make A Purchase
- When you make a purchase via our online store, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
- Park’s Motor Group will only process information that is required for the purpose for which it has been collected.
- You will always have the option to unsubscribe from Park’s (any of its companies and subsidiaries) marketing communications. It is also your option not to receive marketing communications and you can withdraw your consent at any stage. We will not share or sell your personal information with anyone else who may send unsolicited marketing.
- There are a variety of ways in which we may use, store or process your personal information, namely:
- In the circumstances where your consent has been provided, we may use and process your information to:
- Contact you from time to time about promotions, offers, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you from Park’s and our manufacturer partners.
- To share your personal information with our third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their promotions, offers, events, products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
3.6.2 Contractual Performance
- We may use and process your personal information where it is required and or essential in order to perform or complete a contract (or contractual elements) with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases, services and other transactions entered into with us (or one of our authorised repairers or selected partners).
3.6.3 Legitimate Interests
- We may collect, use and process your personal information as detailed below where it is necessary for Park’s to carry out actions, processes, services and activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as an organisation to do so.
3.6.4 Processing Necessary To Support Customers With Sales And Other Enquiries
- To respond to customer correspondence (telephone calls, emails, letters, live chats, social media) and to address the instructions and requests made by customers (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles, products and service);
- To provide vehicle support, aftersales servicing, parts, and services (for example warranty and MOT services);
3.6.5 Processing Necessary For Us To Respond To Understanding Customers’ Needs
- To analyse, assess and improve our products and or services so that your interaction with our website, our members of staff and our branches are more useful and enjoyable, professional and proficient.
- To undertake analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned within this policy;
- In some cases we may use methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience and journey to you by tailoring and making appropriate all our service and messages (for example, when your vehicle indicates a service is due);
3.6.6 Processing Necessary For Us To Promote Our Business, Brands And Products, Services And Measure The Effectiveness And Influence Of Our Marketing Campaigns And Strategies.
- To send you marketing information from time to time (where appropriate) after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure, quotation, valuation or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and solely in a manner compliant with the GDPR), which we consider may be amenable to you. The option to object to us sending you these types of information at any time remains with you.
- To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business and or a professional capacity or where we have obtained your business contact details from an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
- To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
- To identify and record when you have received, opened or engaged with our website or electronic communications;
- To administer competitions and promotions (held and entered into on various platforms, including social media) that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
- Processing necessary for Park’s to operate the administrative, procedural and technical aspects of our business efficiently effectively and professionally.
- To verify the accurateness of information that we store, process and document about you;
- For network and information security purposes. In order for Park’s to take steps to protect and secure your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- To allow Park’s to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights available under the GDPR (for example where you have asked Park’s not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our no contact lists in order to be able to comply with your instruction(s));
- To inform and advise you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
3.6.7 Legal Obligation
- We may and can process your personal information to comply with our legal, legislative and regulatory requirements (for example to registering and taxing your vehicle with the DVLA).
3.6.8 Vital Interest
- There are certain situations and circumstances in which Park’s Motor Group will require to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent, product, service, after sales, MOT related issue, safety or product recall notice and we must inform you of it.
3.7 Subscribing To Our General Marketing
If you are a customer, or have made an enquiry into our products or services, we will provide you with a clear choice to consent to receiving general marketing promotional material, updates, reminders and communications, which are not duty of care communications (such communications are covered in section 3.6 above) by giving you an opt-in to receiving such communications. If you have provided your consent we will collect your contact details (name, postal address and email address) and vehicle details (make and model) to provide you with such communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
We will collect your personal information via our online store. All electronic files are stored on Shopify, our e-Commerce platform, and our Dealer Management System.
The Shopify system is provided, maintained and hosted outside of the EEA, using additional safeguards to protect your personal information. We also store customer data in our showroom system.
If you ever decide you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications, you opt out at any time by unsubscribing from the mailing list, using the link provided in the marketing communications email, or by using the contact details below or by visiting our data preferences centre. If you do unsubscribe, please note that we may retain your details in our system marked as supressed so that we can make sure that you do not receive our marketing communications again in the future.
4. Your Data And Third Parties
We use third parties to provide services to us from time to time; therefore, we will need to share data with them that it is in our legitimate interests for business administrative needs. Where such third parties are located outside of the EEA there are additional safeguards in place to protect your personal information when transferring personal information outside of the EEA.
5. Disclosure Of Personal Information
We will not customarily disclose your personal information other than as already explained in the previous sections. However, there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information.
- where we are legally required to disclose the information. This includes sharing the personal information with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime;
- where we need to disclose the personal information for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- disclosure is required to protect the our interests, or someone else's interests (for example, to prevent fraud);
- disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests (for example if you are unwell at our premises, we may need to seek medical assistance);
- it is to a third party for the purposes of providing administrative or processing services on our behalf. If such disclosure is required we will take steps to ensure that the third party protects the personal information in the same way that we do and notify you of any changes to this privacy notice; and
- to any prospective purchaser of our business assets or organisation.
6. Keeping Personal Information Secure
We know that you provide your personal information in good faith and expect it to be looked after. This is why we take the security of your personal information seriously. This means that we have taken steps internally in order to ensure that our systems adequately protect your personal information.
7. How Can I Manage The Information We Hold About You
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days following receipt of any request.
You have the right to:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (we do not engage in any automated decision making and profiling).
To clarify, the above mentioned rights and how they operate in practice:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Amend and revise your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where Park’s relies on it).
- Challenge our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful, contractual or legitimate reason to continue to use and process that information;
- Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
We take any complaints we receive from you about our use of your personal information very seriously and request that you bring any concerns to our attention.
Where you are communicating with us for the purpose of making a complaint, we will only use your personal information to handle, investigate and respond to the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
Where the complaint is about a member of our team, we may have to disclose your identity to whoever the complaint is about. You may let us know that you don't want information that identifies you to be disclosed and we will try to respect your request; however, it may not be always possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
9. Updating This Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review in order to ensure that it properly reflects our use of personal information.
10. Contacting Us
By visiting our website www.parks.uk.com
Post: Park’s Motor Group, Data Protection Officer, 14 Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0AY.
Email: TCF@parks.uk.com or email@example.com
Phone: 01698 303 900
11. The Information Commissioner (ICO)
If you are unsatisfied you have the option to submit a complaint with a data protection regulator in a country where you work or live or where your data protection rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are mentioned below:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Call: 0303 123 1113